wow 38 weeks it really is so nice to see those single digits there on the right. My Mom and Myndee thought it would be fun to come and paint Felicity's room last week but didn't finish her room so all of her stuff is all over my house and my house is feeling quite cluttered and messy!! When/ if they ever finish the nursery I will post pictures...
I have had very little energy I have just wanted to stay home and be lazy I did have a doctor appointment yesterday I have made a little more progress she is even lower then last week but not quite dilated yet but pretty close to a 1:( I have another doc. appointment next Wednesday so hopefully I will make more progress this next week. Do any of you have good ideas to help getting labor going? I would love to hear them because I really don't want to have to be induced because I would really love to go without an epidural and I've heard being induced make labor harder!!
I can't believe it is SNOWING outside really Mother Nature it is the end of April it is not supposed to be snowing!! My immune system is already so shot that I cant seem to stay feeling well when the weather is cold! So Mother Nature please warm up so that I can stay feeling good since Felicity's due date is getting so close. Thanks!
5 comments:
I feel you!!! being sick and at the end of being pregnant isn't easy at all. Hang in there she'll come when shes ready and when they come on there own it does seem to be so much better well I really LOVED it!!! My doctor with Carson Striped my membranes and my water broke a few days later and it went so good!! and I hoping that it will work this time but well see tomorrow :)!!! GOOD LUCK!!
I had a cold at the end of my preg too, I feel your pain. It'll be okay.
As for what helped bring on labor for me, well, first I had my membranes stripped a couple days before. Then several hours before my little guy came, I asked to have my water broken (I'd been having inconsistent but strong contrax for two days), and then I used a breast pump to cause contractions. That sped labor up a bit.
Oh, and I did it without an epidural too!! :)
Clary sage essential oil is a supposed abortive, but now that you've hit 38 weeks, it would be called labor! Of course, you could always get a massage, or even massage your ankles yourself. Let me know if it works; I've always wondered if that part is hogwash.
I tried several methods when I was 5 days overdue with Nolan but nothing really worked - not running up and down stairs, not long walks, not sex, not anything! I loved being induced though. It's so nice to be able to plan. Although, the pitocin makes the contractions harder and faster than normal so if you don't want an epidural, you'd want to wait like you said. Hang in there! The last 2 weeks are the hardest. I'm so excited for you!
Good luck Mikelle (and Russell)!! I hope all goes well. I've had to be induced with both of mine. It really wasn't that bad. I hope you get the nursery done soon too. I want to see pictures!
Post a Comment