Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Detroit 5 months old

Detroit seems so much older to me then only 5 months. This month so far had been pretty tough for him. he got a left ear infection and then the antibiotic upset his little tummy that gave him a terrible diaper rash! Russell got ALOT of ear infections as a child and most of the time he would have no symptoms or signs his mom would see until it was ready to rupture so I worry we could have the same problem with Detroit.
Even with being sick he is still very smiley but is still very hard to get to laugh he is probably thinking HA mom is trying to make me laugh I'll just show her and just maybe if I sit here long enough just staring with no reaction she will leave me alone!! he figured out how to roll from his back to tummy he gets very proud of himself but other times he gets frustrated that he can't get back on to his back. He loves his big sister the amazement in his eyes as he watches her play and the excitement as he looks like he just wants to get up and play too! He does pretty good sitting up by himself until he pushes himself back and tips over. Durning night he still wakes up once or twice to eat. Right after Christmas I started him on oatmeal banana cereal and he LOVES it! He always pulls my hand in toward his mouth but since his eyes coordination isn't perfect he ends up making quite a mess but when the spoon is in his mouth he holds my hand so tight he doesn't want to let the spoon go!! Squalling and smiling the whole time. He is still a cuddle bug and I think is starting to became quite a mommy's boy.

No comments: