Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Family night

So I've told myself that I want to start doing better at having family night every Monday night even though it is without Russell. So tonight I decided it was time to cook the cookie mix that our neighbor gave us as a Christmas gift. Yes I know I totally slacked so we made Christmas cookies tonight. Well while they cooked felicity was trying to talk me into turning on Diego and I told her no which I totally regret now because she burned her hand!! I was so frightened I told her to stay back where she was every other time I use the oven she's great she knows to stay back and decently not touch but this time I opened it went to grab the oven mit and at the exact same time she went to grab the pan!!! I couldn't believe it! I swooped her up threw her hand under cold water an then called my friend she came right over with some lavender oil. I keep meaning to by some but just never get it. I wrapped it in a cold towel but she hated that. She just wanted in her blanket. She is in a stage where she carries 4 or 5 with her everywhere, but anyways I finally talked her into letting me get one if her blankets cold and wrap her hand that way. With the help of lots of chocolate I was able to get some tylenol down her and it just broke my heart when she would look a me and say mommy it's not working it still hurts!! It took an hour then she was sitting up talking about Diego as usual so I got her to eat cucumbers, strawberries, and cheese, and of course some cookies awesome dinner right. Well she eventually she fell asleep out on the living room floor. Here's to hoping she sleeps through the night. Well Detroit has gone back to sleep so I should try to but him down and try to get some rest so I hopefully get rid if the cold.. Goodnight

No comments: