Sunday, July 15, 2012

Zoo Trip

I have been wanting to take Felicity to the Zoo for quite awhile and we finally made it on Thursday!  We woke up early and got there as soon as it opened which turned out not to be quite smartest thing because not a lot of the animals where out and active yet.  We saw a bunch of empty animal pens and some zoo keepers cleaning them for like the first 30- 40 minutes!  The zoo seemed alot smaller to me then it used to be or maybe I'm just older now or something but I think we pretty much saw every thing in just the two hours we were there.  I know we didn't see the Giraffe's because they are working on fixing their home.  We had to leave to take Russell to his dentist appointment and then we were going to go back after Felicity's nap but decided it would be better to go to the pool. 

When we got to the tigers there was one right up by the window taking a quick swim which was probably my favorite part of our day also  how Felicity likes them too- we had to go visit them a second time but it was a little harder to see them because they had just gotten some food to eat.

We saw a short presentation of a trainer and a elephant while she checked the elephant's feet, mouth and ears.  Felicity liked it for the First few minutes but I think it was a little hard for the to see so she just wanted to get down and eat some snacks.. she didn't eat breakfast really well so she was probably pretty hungry. 

Another thing that was cool is we got to feed the Llama's some lettuce!  I'm not sure what Felicity thought of it but she did really well and wasn't nervous at all handing the lettuce all on her own!

Here are the pictures of our day:

  










No comments: